Automotive/Four Wheeler Front Headlights Design.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Skip

Do you feel it is useful to have 2 or more Front Headlights in a Four Wheeler above the Front Glass pane apart from having the conventional Front Headlights?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Prashant,
 This question, from you, surprises me. You are an intelligent person and knows the answer to this question. YES, it is better to have the headlights as high as possible on a 4 wheeler. This gets the light above the vegetation and gives the driver a better view of what is ahead.
 If you go to web sites that offer Four Wheel Drive or Off Road, you will see the vehicles have lighting high above the windshield.
 Hope this helps..
Skip

QUESTION: Dear Skip

Thanks.

Between Heavy vehicles viz Bus,Truck,Lorry etc and Cars,Jeeps etc,which will be preferred for this implementation ?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
 Usually high mounted head lights are for "off road" applications. This is because they shine over hills and unknown terrain. Any vehicle driving in this type of terrain would benefit from high mounted headlights. Any vehicle driving on paved roads would just "blind" oncoming traffic and really be an annoyance. I hope this helps..
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger