Automotive/Hydrocarbons mixture as Automobile fuels.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Skip

Can Hydrocarbons mixture generate Automobile fuels?

Examples - Methane, Ethane, Propane,Butane,Pentane,Hexane etc?

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Prashant,
 OF Course they can. Some of the fuels need to be in a compressed form, you probably have seen it as CNG fuel. Over here, Methanol is used as a racing fuel. Ethanol is added to gasoline for street cars.
 I have never heard of Pentane and Hexane but, when one tries to run a CNG, the fuel system becomes very heavy.
 Other than that, I don't know what else to say. I will admit that Fuels are not my expertise. Hope this helps..
Skip

QUESTION: Dear Skip

Thanks.

We can have more fuels at
fuel stations other than conventional petrol,diesel and CNG by mixing Hydrocarbons.

Isn't it?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
 I told you "I will admit that Fuels are not my expertise." I will offer these thoughts:
1. Why do we need so many different fuels? The expense, at a gas station, to offer many different fuels, would be EXTREMELY HIGH. They would need containers in the ground for each and every different fuel. They would need new pumps with all the different options for all the different fuels.  
2. IF any other fuels would be "easier, cheaper or better" than the fuels offered, I'm sure the Chemists at the fuel companies would have come up with them.
 You are a thinker, keep it up. Please don't ask me any more fuel questions. I know NOTHING about fuel except I put in my car and it starts. Take care.
Skip  

Automotive

Skip Bollinger