Aviation/Flying/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
international flight plan12/31/2016Kevin Parker
  Q: If a charter executive jet (in the business of flying for hire people around) flew from Heathrow ...
  A: Steve, Happy New Year! In aviation a flight plan is a flight plan. The difference is which ...
Short Haul Flight Paths and More8/4/2016Ned Dolan
  Q: Good morning, Ned I have probably a bit of an unusual question(s) for you today. I am a Canadian ...
  A: you have not provided enough information to tell if your route was near the lake. However, at jet ...
Time Building4/22/2015D. Norkus
  Q: It's good to hear that airline won't be able to be picky about which kind of flight school pilots ...
  A: Sharon There are many who do not want to become a CFI to build time. I was one of them. There are ...
regional airline hiring3/24/2015D. Norkus
  Q: Would you happen to know the hiring forecast for regional airlines for the next few years? I read ...
  A: Ian The forecasts I have seen project the majors losing about 18,000 pilots by 2022 due to ...
Electronic Panel Doors in Commercial Airplanes.10/14/2014Marc Eichler
  Q: Is there a single front door near cockpit in commercial planes for passengers and crew members for ...
  A: For this question, I'm not the person to give the answer. I can, however give you a great resource ...
Electronic Panel Doors in Commercial Airplanes.10/14/2014Kevin Parker
  A: Prashant, by your questions it seems that you have not been on a commercial aircraft. Not all ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Jeff Davis
  Q: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_gear Are the Landing gears always retractable in all airplanes ?. ...
  A: Nearly all larger airplanes have retractable landing gear, but many smaller craft, especially ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplane.10/12/2014Mike Hicks
  A: Well..aircraft with retractable landing gear are faster (less drag) not all aircraft have ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Mike Burbridge
  A: Most airplanes do have retractable landing gear, but not all. Many small, single-ended airplanes ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Colin Woehrle
  A: Not all airplanes have retractable landings gears. For instance, many small, privately-owned general ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Ned Dolan
  A: When the landing gear is not retracted it provides resistance to the air as the plane moves forward ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Kevin Parker
  A: Some light aircraft do not have retractable landing gear. Larger aircraft, especially commercial ...
Retractable mechanism for Landing gear in airplanes.10/12/2014Marc Eichler
  A: No, not all landing gear are always retractable. Look at the Cessna 152, 172, and 182, among ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airport10/7/2014Mike Burbridge
  Q: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_aviation According to the aviation rules, laws & regulations, Are ...
  A: I can only speak to the rules as they are in the U. S., according to the FAA and US law. For ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014Jeff Davis
  A: Private aircraft are allowed to land at international airports. However, many pilots choose ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014Mike Hicks
  A: Prashant, Yes you will have to read the airport facility directory to find out all the rules and ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014Kevin Parker
  A: Private Aircraft, like all other aircraft, operate, in most cases, within a system which requires ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014Adrian Beney
  A: In the UK and in the USA almost all civilian commercial airports are open to private flights. The ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014D. Norkus
  Q: Norkus en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_aviation According to the aviation rules, laws & regulations, ...
  A: They may land at any airport, domestic or international, that does not prohibit that type of ...
Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports10/7/2014Marc Eichler
  A: Yes, private aircraft can land at your larger airports. What often discourages this are high ...
Propellers5/22/2014Kevin Parker
  Q: Parker. Why have some aeroplane engines 3 propellers, some have 4, some have 5 ? Why not 6 or 8 or ...
  A: Remember props are wings too. The speed of the aircraft, the speed of the blade rotation and the ...
DVD/VCD/CD Player with TV Set/Monitor on Plane.4/6/2014Ismar Avdic, Eng.
  Q: Are DVD/VCD/CD Player with TV Set/Monitor on commercial flights i.e. Local and International ...
  A: Sorry for delay, but I do have very demanding schedule. It is generally the fact that each ...
DVD/VCD/CD Player with TV Set/Monitor on Planes.4/6/2014Mike Hicks
  A: Prashant, First sorry for the delay in this answer, must have been some kind of glitch, as I just ...
DVD/VCD/CD Player with TV Set/Monitor on Planes.4/6/2014D. Norkus
  A: Yes, certainly carriers that have chosen to have inflight entertainment installed on their planes ...
Airplane Crash2/21/2014Ned Dolan
  Q: I was sitting on my couch in front of my balcony window (night) watching TV. I looked toward the ...
  A: since you didn't hear anything there must have been something other than an airplane that you saw. A ...
747 engine failure in Hawaii5/10/2013Kevin Parker
  Q: In the mid 70's, I was on a Boeing 747 flight from Honolulu to LAX that had to return to Honolulu ...
  A: Difficult question. Back in the 70's the rules were very different than today. From a purely an ...
Is there any evidence that a passenger using a GPS unit on an airplane is dangerous?4/27/2013D. Norkus
  Q: I emailed Delta Airlines about their GPS policy for passengers. They said it's okay at cruising ...
  A: NIick The use of any electronic device by passegers on all U.S. carriers (abroad it can be ...
What happens with Problem Passengers4/7/2013Ned Dolan
  Q: I am writing a story in which the hero is an airline Captain. The scene involves an unruly, ...
  A: Under today's environment pilots don't leave the cockpit to handle problems. In your case, with an ...
Flight Distance Formulae4/5/2013Ismar Avdic, Eng.
  Q: I recently found, to my surprise, that the fewer the pasengers on a flight, the further the range of ...
  A: Geoff, That works very nice in theory, but in real world of flying we do not play with that numbers. ...
Query re Flight Duration4/5/2013Ned Dolan
  A: There are many weight limits that have to be observed by pilots. One of these is the maximum take ...
V speeds?3/23/2013Adrian Beney
  Q: What are the Vx and Vy of a Cherokee 140 B?
  A: I'd need the flight manual to answer the question, I'm afraid, and not flying a Cherokee any more I ...
Snap roll VS Spin2/15/2013Colin Woehrle
  Q: A snap roll is an autorotation with rudder input and generally higher power or higher speed. One ...
  A: I'm not an aerobatic pilot, but based on my understanding of a snap roll, I may have to disagree ...
Landing a C130 transporter2/15/2013Kevin Parker
  Q: Parker, I am an English language editor who knows nothing about flying. My author writes as ...
  A: He is talking about changing the pitch of the propellor blades. On the ground we do this in a way ...
Snap roll Versus Spin2/7/2013Kevin Parker
  A: The aircraft I've snap rolled had enough power I didn't care about stalling. I just added power. ...
Snap roll/ Spin2/7/2013Ismar Avdic, Eng.
  A: Here is some facts from aerobatic association and their explanation of snap rolls. Snap rolls also ...
Snap roll VS Spin qusetion2/7/2013Jeff Davis
  A: I don't agree. As I said in an earlier response to one of your questions, a snap roll and a spin ...
Snap roll VS Spin2/7/2013D. Norkus
  A: Not entirely. Snap roll definition: "...family of rapid autorotational or 'horizontal spins', not ...
VMCa speed2/5/2013D. Norkus
  Q: In the book Aerodynamics for Naval Aviator it says that for each degree of bank angle towards the ...
  A: 1) In the book Aerodynamics for Naval Aviator it says that for each degree of bank angle towards the ...
VMC speed multiengines2/5/2013Ned Dolan
  A: Steve, your questions are much to hypothetical to answer. The relationship between Vy, V2, Vmc can ...
VMC speed multieng2/5/2013Kevin Parker
  A: Vmca is what we call a regulatory speed and in practical terms it is an indication of the ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Aviation/Flying

Kevin Parker

Top Expert on this page