Aviation/Flying/Airplane Load / Weight.

Commercial Airplane Operators
Commercial Airplane Op  
Dear Ismar

1. Is the Cargo carrying capacity (Load, Weight) fixed or standard in all Commercial Airplane Carriers ?. Is this done for Security measure for not exceeding the total weight, load of the airplane i.e passengers, cargo, fuels, airplane etc ?  

2. Is there a certain Total Load or Weight of the Airplane which cannot be exceeded ?. Is this identified by Electronic Instruments panel, Alarms etc indicating the Total Weight, Load of the Airplane to the pilot before flight takes off ?.

3. In case if the Total Load or Weight of a Airplane is exceeded
and still the Pilot tries a take off, can it lead to plane crash ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,
I'll be brief in my responses as they are complex subjects.
1. Cargo capacity could be adjusted and increased but fuel weight has to be reduced. That is all based on mission where and how far airplane needs to be dispached and based winds and weather. BUT BUTTOM LINE IS THAT WEIGHT AND BALANCE PERFORMACE CALCULATIONS HAS TO REFLECT THAT AIRPLANE IS WITHIN C.G. LIMITS.  (You do need to google weight and balance calculations for aircraft)

2. YES. No alarms in older airpalnes, newer airplanes do have generally Ipad or computer screen that helps pilot to calculate T/O and Landing weight, but no alarms. if you miscalculate and try to T/O you could essentially cause crash.

Please do rate answer

Ismar Avdic, Eng.

Providing answers about aviation industries, pilot requirments, pilot supplies, pilot training,new technologies in aviation industries