Aviation/Flying/9/11 hijackers

Question
Thank you for taking my questions and please try to understand where I'm coming from. We were told the 9/11 hijackers were below average students at small flight school in FL. How does a person flying prop planes know how to fly a commercial jet? How does a novice pilot know how to find NY from Boston? How does a novice pilot hit towers perfectly the first time? How does a novice pilot fly a 757 that low to the ground and hit the pentagon? Could you do that? I was in the AF, so I know how good our defense is. How does a billion dollar air defense get caught so off guard? How does tower 7 fall when no plane hit it? Thank you

Answer

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-01-27, at 5:51, experts@about.com wrote:

Your Question was:

Thank you for taking my questions and please try to understand where I'm coming from. We were told the 9/11 hijackers were below average students at small flight school in FL. How does a person flying prop planes know how to fly a commercial jet?The main differences between the two aircraft you mentioned are propulsion and size.  Prop vs jet differences are not that great in these circumstances.  The size and speed would have been the biggest change the hijackers would have noticed.  
How does a novice pilot know how to find NY from Boston?The Flight Management System does that through the navigation system.  You can get MS flight sim and easily learn how to program the FMS to navigate where you want.
How does a novice pilot hit towers perfectly the first time?Once they had the correct altitude it was all a matter of alignment.  Again here is a lot of was commercially available to practice in the comfort of your own home. It was a nice clear day.
How does a novice pilot fly a 757 that low to the ground and hit the pentagon?This would have been the biggest challenge since the aircraft is big a a challenge to maneuver close to the ground at high speed
Could you do that?Any pilot or non pilot with the right training could have done it.
I was in the AF, so I know how good our defense is. How does a billion dollar air defense get caught so off guard?Protection is all about risk as you likely learned in the AF.  If you don't appreciate the risk you will not be ready to defend against it no matter how much money you spend.
How does tower 7 fall when no plane hit it?Not sure ...not a structural engineer....but likely had something to do with the catastrophic events happening next door.
Thank you

Please click on or go to http://www.allexperts.com/expertx.cgi when you are ready to reply

Please do not reply to this message. You need to relogin to answer this question.

Thanks,
AllExperts.com

Aviation/Flying

Kevin Parker