Aviation/Flying/Snap roll VS Spin

Question
A snap roll is an autorotation with rudder input and generally higher power or higher speed.

One wing is stalled in a snap roll, both wings are stalled in a spin. - Do you agree at all with this last statement?

Answer
Hi there Steve! Thanks for the question. I'm not an aerobatic pilot, but based on my understanding of a snap roll, I may have to disagree with the statement. I believe that both wings are stalled during a snap roll as well. It is like a spin done on a horizontal axis and it's accomplished with very abrupt control inputs. There are some great video's of snap rolls on youtube if you've never seen one. I really hope this helps answer your question. Colin

Aviation/Flying

Colin Woehrle