Aviation/Flying/Private aircraft landing on International and Domestic Airports

Dear Jeff

According to the aviation rules, laws & regulations, Are Private owned airplanes, helicopters allowed to land on international or domestic airports ?.

Special cases for private aircraft emergency landing on international and domestic airports can be considered as clauses in aviation laws ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thank you for the question.  Private aircraft are allowed to land at international airports.  However, many pilots choose alternate airports because the international airports often charge landing and handling fees that are prohibitively expensive for non-airline traffic.  Of course, in an emergency, any aircraft is permitted to land anywhere, but it is likely that the airport would still charge the usual fees.  Please feel free to submit a follow-up question is this doesn't address all of your needs.

Jeff Davis

I can answer questions about general aviation, learning to fly, how to get started, and how to buy an airplane. Area of specialty is aerobatic flying. I do not have any expertise in flight training opportunities for students outside the USA, and I am not qualified to offer advice on becoming an airline pilot.

I am no longer active in aerobatic flying, but was formerly a professional airshow performer and aerobatic flight instructor, with extensive experience in Decathlon and Pitts aircraft and light experience in other types. I also competed in IAC sanctioned competition through the Advanced level.

No longer active, past member of Experimental Aircraft Association, International Aerobatic Club, International Council of Air Shows, and Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.

World Airshow News

Commercial and instrument rated, certificated flight instructor since 1986