Aviation/Flying/Propellers

Question
Dear Mr.Parker.
Why have some aeroplane engines 3 propellers, some have 4, some have 5 ? Why not 6 or 8 or 24 ? Why not even almost complete, like the veins in an jet engine ? How do the designers decide which is best for a particular aeroplane ?
Thank you, and the expert team for previous answers.

Answer
Remember props are wings too.  The speed of the aircraft, the speed of the blade rotation and the amount of thrust required all are part of the formula to determine what prop configuration to use.  You want the prop blade to always run in smooth air for greater efficiency so sometimes more is not better.  

Aviation/Flying

Kevin Parker