Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment/Question.........

Good day
Many people talk about spiritual growth and enlightenment. Spiritual things tends to diverge from science.
In today's world there are so many people who consider themselves spiritual and boast of their higher states yet some of them engage in actions that are diametrically opposite to what they preach and claim to believe.
My question is how does one measure how englightened and spiritual a person is. What is the metric and measure and how does one  compare  and use this measure or metric to gauge if person X is more spiritual than person Y etc.
How does one measure the depth of spirituality.
Or on the otherhand is spirituality something that has no basis in reality and is really something like a mask. In other words it is something  that people claim to have or be to gain a superior social outlook and has no basis in reality- simply because people dont seem to work  on what spiritually proposes. People's actions are based on selfish behaviors and most things people do are selfishly motivated.
Please share any insights especially into measuring spirituality and quantifying if spirituality has a real basis in nature or it is just an artificial social construct.

Sunil H. Mahabir
Miramar, Florida 33027

Hi Sunil

You are asking a very good question - similar to "how do you measure the qualities of the drop of water in the middle of a flowing river?"

More seriously - when you see "highly spiritual" people (especially psychics and mediums) on social media websites using crude language, making aggressive statements, being judgmental of everyone and losing their dignity in public every day, you do wonder.

I can only give you my take on this based on my personal experience.  Spirituality cannot necessarily be measured, but the opposite of being spiritual is very visible and measurable, as indicated in the examples above.

If you want to know whether a person is enlightened and spiritual, I would say look at what that person does and says consistently, and at the effect that person has on those around them.  A truly spiritual person inspires others with everything they say and do without being holier than thou, because spirituality comes from having life experiences, gaining wisdom from those experiences and becoming whole.

In my view people who run courses to "change DNA", "increase vibrations" and other weird and wonderful things, do all of those in a single dimension, without understanding what they are dealing with.

Spirituality is neither about positive thinking (which I think is a form of depression) nor about the Buddhist view of life being about suffering, because life is balanced, i.e. filled with experiences that we interpret as positive or negative ourselves.

There are a number of books that I found quite useful in my own journey to understand what spirituality is about.  Don't be put off by the titles - these books are really informative.

Michael Talbotís "The Holographic Universe"
"The Field" by Lynne McTaggart
"A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe" by Michael S Schneider
"The Men Who Stare at Goats" by Jon Ronson
"Punk Science - Inside the Mind of God" by Dr Manjir Samanta-Laughton

Defining spirituality is an individual journey of awareness, and those books can only add to your journey.  No course or book can replace your awareness.

Does that help?

Love and Light (that is the quantum Love that forms the vibration of Light ;-) )

Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment

Elsabe Smit

Crisis related to organised religion vs spirituality, life purpose, metaphysics, spiritual development, personal growth

Highly intuitive, practising clairvoyant with very high level of accuracy, extensive knowledge of spirituality and alternative beliefs, including sacred geometry, metaphysics, quantum physics and how these disciplines apply to people on a practical basis

Spiritual Workers Association

www.MyPurpleBlog.com, www.ElsabeSmit.com, www.AskAboutDeath.com, numerous article publication websites including www.searchwarp.com

MA in Industrial Psychology, Master's Degree in Business Administration, NLP Master Practitioner, Master Hypnotist

Individuals looking for personal growth, businesses looking for creativity and teambuilding