Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment/Snakes

In the past & currently Im always dreaming about snakes but recently I had a dream that I had four purple/light purle colored snakes in my home and they were mine. Unlike others dreams Ive had where the snakes are never mine but are around me this time this were my snakes and when I came into my home in the dream I wasnt really bothered with them being there but then I looked around and was tired of seeing them crawl around me so I got a pillow case to put them in and I put two of them in the pillow case but when I went to get the other two they were gone. I started looking around the house for them bc I was concerned that they would come out while my family was sleeping and though I wasnt afraid of them bc I knew they werent poisioness I didnt want them to be hidden. I made the statement in the dream that I was going to have to go buy some type of spray to get them to come out bc I was tired of them and wanted them gone. Im at a lost bc again never dreamed of owning snakes and Im just not sure what this means? Please help me with some enlightment on this, thank you.

Dear Valanteen:

I used to have recurring dreams about bears; and more specifically, a bear that was always chasing me and trying to kill me.  I could never dial the phone number correctly to get help and would wake up in fear.  Eventually, by following the Course and putting the principles into practice, they stopped.  I discovered that the hidden judgments behind the bear represented the hidden judgments I had about a specific person in my life.

Time is an illusion and part of the solution in the mind is so you “think” or believe you have time to fix (the split in the mind) that happened with the idea of separation.  That’s the metaphysics.  In practical terms, it’s so you think you have time to change things.  Most of the ego mind is unconscious; but every once in awhile, things like these kinds of dreams come through into our conscious awareness.  That simply means you are now aware of some “hidden” guilt in need of correction (forgiveness) in your mind.  Since all of “time” is happening now, then it is now you have the chance to change them by choosing differently.

I’m not sure what you know about A Course in Miracles (ACIM) but it is about correcting your mind as forgiveness.  It is taking responsibility for everything, even these kinds of dreams as coming from your mind.  This world is yet another version of the same dream.  You find the judgments and give them up (forgive) because you would rather remember the Truth about yourself.  

My suggestion will apply whether you are speaking of your snake dream or anything in your life.  Look at what you just wrote and pick our the judgments.  They don’t seem like judgments because you are thinking (believing) them to be real.  Withdrawing that belief is the key to giving them up.  You took action in the dream, for example, putting them in the pillow case.  However, if you play out the dream again in your mind (because all time is now), pay specific attention to how you feel and what you are thinking when you take the actions.  Those are judgments.  

That said, let me give you another suggestion that helped me and it’s based on the idea that this world is symbolic of the fear and guilt in the mind.  You wrote, “I didn’t want them to be hidden” and “I was tired of them and wanted them to be gone.”  Again, replay the dream in your mind.  Sometimes we confuse the Voice for God, the part that speaks to us in the dream with the ego.  What I mean by that is those two statements speak volumes about you being at the point that you no longer want to keep the Truth hidden from yourself and you want the lies of the ego to be gone.

If that is what you really want, learn the Course and put it into practice.  It is a Course in mind training.  It requires a little willingness to learn and then practical application as you go along.  Learn what are ego/judgments and how to give them up (forgive, correct) so that the Truth of who you are remains.   

I wish you the best and if you need clarification or have more questions, please let me know.  Much aloha.

Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment

Delilah Jaemes

I answer all questions regarding A Course in Miracles - ACIM which is taught on two levels - the metaphysics (theory) and practical application in our daily lives where we come to understand the meaning of the text. There's no way around you having to do the hard work even if you ask for clarification about the Course or how to apply the principles to your daily life or a situation. Please note: I do not answer for those in personal crisis and in need of counseling as the kindest thing can be for you to receive help on that level and then come back to the Course when you are able. This is not a race or competition to get it first. We're all in this together for we are a part of each other so please be kind and gentle to yourself and others.

I have a website: http://spiritualguidancecoach.com and there I have posted numerous articles authored by me (which are available on EzineArticles.com as well). My website also contains Youtube videos and a Quote of the Week that is changed every Sunday. You are welcome to contact me through the website as well as here and I will email a response. Please check the blog for past questions and answers, videos, articles, etc. Further information about my experience is available on my website; however, as always, experience of studying the text (theory) and putting what it says into practice is how we gain that 'experience' over lots of time - yet we all remain both students and teachers until the end of our journey.

I don't belong to organizations. In my experience, most of the groups and organizations for A Course in Miracles are not practicing the Course. They are practicing the ego - specialness and differences - and they are turning the Course into a religion (without realizing they are doing so) and therefore distorting it's true meaning. The Course is individual practice and groups are merely for socializing and practicing forgiveness. I personally refer to the Foundation for A Course in Miracles (FACIM) and the Foundation for Inner Peace; but I don't view them as an organizations but rather as a place for clarification since they stay true to the Course.

http://spiritualguidancecoach.com Ezinearticles.com Youtube - Delilah Jaemes

I have studied about the ego most of my life and been a student and practitioner of A Course in Miracles since the early 1990's. The Course is something that takes a lifetime to practice and learn, so remember that everyone is a teacher and student at the same time. Only when we actually put the Course into practice and study the text do we come to understand what it means. I will answer to the best of my ability and learning; and I will do my best to get out the way and let the Holy Spirit answer you in the way most helpful to you. It is actually His job to be your teacher (instead of the ego) if you will allow Him; and so the only way for me to be helpful is to let Him be in charge.

I do not give out this information to protect the confidentiality of clients.