Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment/Is this right?

Question
Jim
My theory of life is that it is kind of like a school, but and how much we learn determines our advancement to a higher plane, or even demotion to a lower one, once our physical existance is over.
Is this correct, and how can I advance, other than by just obeying the ten commandments, yadda, yadda.

Answer
End Your Story, Begin Your Life
End Your Story, Begin  
Dear Bud,

One of my favorite stories is about the man who said I used to have three theories about raising children, and no children. Now I have three children and no theories!

Self-realization, or true self-knowledge brings freedom from the mind. it's theories, fears, doubts, etc. See below for a piece I wrote about this.

Also, check out my book END YOUR STORY, BEGIN YOUR LIFE.

Love and blessings,

Jim

www.jimdreaver.com

Through a simple guided meditation, Jim invites us to be present as the awakened people we are—aware, conscious, open, one with the flow of all that is. Then, from this space, we patiently, lovingly, and playfully explore where we may not yet be awake and free.

Is your issue self-doubt, anxiety, resentment, blame, the fear of being judged, or others being able to push your buttons? Is your problem being so identified with this “I,” this “me” and its many “stories” of expectation and disappointment, of gain and loss, of pleasure and suffering, such that you still take things personally? How do you become truly open, unafraid be your authentic self, so that you meet people’s gaze in a warm, friendly way?

Awakening to freedom arises as you see that this “I,” or ego story you’ve believed yourself to be all these years doesn’t actually exist—look for it, and it can’t be found—yet you, as this aware, conscious person, are very much here. As you go within, you realize more and more that your problem or issue, and the emotional reaction, arises from your perception of it—your “story”—which is not real.

As your mind clears, you use the power of thought, story, and intention to bring what you really need and want into your life—loving relationships, work you enjoy, financial stability, optimal health, and a whole lot more fun!

Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment

Jim Dreaver