Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment/I don't know my purpose

I don't know why I am here. I don't know what to do with my life. I m currently in college. I don't know where my life is headed.

DIWA: Awakening Wisdom, Love, and Freedom on our Planet
DIWA: Awakening Wisdom  
Dear Chloe,

Your purpose is to awaken - read the piece below,
from my new book (in PDF only at this stage).

If you want the digital copy, email me at jdreaver@aol.com,
and I will send it free. (The normal cost is $14.95)

Many blessings,

Awakening to love and freedom, to supreme trust and confidence in ourselves and in life, is the greatest gift we’ll ever give ourselves. Every person who has awakened—and there are more and more of us, young and old, throughout the world waking up every day—knows this.

The more we taste awakening, the more we realize our purpose is to awaken. We sense that consciousness itself—what we fundamentally are—wants to awaken in us, and in every human being on the planet. It is our divine, or inner purpose.

And the more we awaken, the more we understand—if we don’t know it already—our functional, or outer purpose. Our outer purpose, when it expresses our unique gifts and talents, gives us our passion and drive. We could say it is our mission, even our destiny.

As an example. my mission is to write and teach about awakening—hence this book. That I get to fulfill my mission every day is a joy to me.

So, what is awakening? Simply put, it is the moment we realize, beyond a shadow of doubt, that we are not this “I” character—this ego “self” with its thoughts, “stories,” and emotional ups and downs—we’ve believed ourselves to be all our life.

We see, finally, that we are not that precisely because it comes and goes, shifts and changes in our awareness, and yet we—as the clear, universal awareness which experiences the coming and going—are always here, always present.

Awakening, is to know ourselves as the changeless, universal awareness or presence which is always here, dancing with the ever-changing thoughts, feelings, emotions, events, and circumstances of our lives.  

Spiritual Awakening, Growth, and Enlightenment

Jim Dreaver

I can answer any existential question - i.e. "Who am I?" "What am I here to do?" and "What is the meaning of life?"

I was on a spiritual journey for twenty years before awakening to my true nature. Am a regular teacher at Esalen Institute (www.esalen.org). Website www.jimdreaver.com

See www.endyourstory.com, the website of my most recent book, END YOUR STORY, BEGIN YOUR LIFE.

Four years postgraduate/doctoral degree