Ayurveda/Allergies/Irritable bowel syndrome

I am Kapha-Pitta prakruti.I am suffering from allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

1. Mucus secretion in nose(sometimes) and throat(daily).
2. Mucus congestion in throat,nose,chest.Tea/Coffee causes congestion to break and increase mucus secretion.

Mucus production increases after
1. Food (It depends on food quantity . More the food quantity more is the mucus)
2. Sleep
3. Cold Weather
4. Rest(The more I keep myself active less is the mucus production )

The mucus production is more if metabolism is low, brain activity is low,hunger is low.

I have taken ayurvedic medicine for 2.5 yrs and 70% mucus production was reduced.

Irritable bowel Syndrome

1. 2 - 7 bowel motions in a day.
2. Motions are semiloose.
3. Gas (More the motions less is the gas)
4. Low hunger (more the motions more is the hunger)  
5. Anal burning after motion
6. Tea/Coffee triggers bowel motion.

What foods should i eat and avoid. I am already taking homeopathic medicines so I am not looking for any medicine. I am looking for how can i keep my lifestyle so that I maintain good metabolic rate so mucus production is less but my weight is very less ( 52 Kgs ) so dont want to increase so much metabolism that my weight decreases further.

Dear Subodh,

Greetings !

As you are suffering from two condition which has same origin i.e low digestive fire and high level of Kapha and liquid Pitha.
Try to take warm water always internally.
Take Trikatu/Panchakola choorna twice a day for good digestive fire and to reduce excessive production of Kapha.
Avoid curd and similar sour food items.Do not try to take food when previous food is not digested.
If you follow these strictly then you will really see the changes.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.