Ayurveda/Honey with medicine

Dear Dr. Joshi,
As I understand, taking honey with medicine or tonic herbs, due to its special properties, allows the medicine or herbs to be more quickly assimilated by the body, transporting it to the deepest tissues.
If one takes a tonic herb with honey, should one thus reduce its dosage, as its effect would be more potent with honey?
Thank you in advance for your help and many kind greetings from France.

Dear Mr Aaron

Sorry for late reply. Yes you are right honey has those special properties which makes it a good medium to have it with herbs.

In ayurvedic language honey is Yogwahi. it means which adepts the qualities of the acting herb or mineral. Besides good taste it improves the healing qualities of the herbal preparations.
I don't have any reference stating that doses should be reduced if taking with honey. I personally think it should not matter much, As i feel it makes the herb more favorable towards balancing the altered dosha. So instead of increasing the active portion of the herb it increases the gunas or properties of the herb. for example May be some thing like if we are hungry, quantity of food to reduce hunger is going to same but making it bit more hotter to improve the digestion. so quantity of active ingredient is same but the quality is improved. This is my way of understanding. In nut shell you need not to reduce the dose untillunless further indicated.
Stay blessed. Lots of blessing from land of Budha and Maha Bodhi temple which I visited yesterday.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.