Ayurveda/Allergies/Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I had previously asked this question

I am Kapha-Pitta prakruti.I am suffering from allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

1. Mucus secretion in nose(sometimes) and throat(daily).
2. Mucus congestion in throat,nose,chest.Tea/Coffee causes congestion to break and increase mucus secretion.

Mucus production increases after
1. Food (It depends on food quantity . More the food quantity more is the mucus)
2. Sleep
3. Cold Weather
4. Rest(The more I keep myself active less is the mucus production )

The mucus production is more if metabolism is low, brain activity is low,hunger is low.

I have taken ayurvedic medicine for 2.5 yrs and 70% mucus production was reduced.

Irritable bowel Syndrome

1. 2 - 7 bowel motions in a day.
2. Motions are semiloose.
3. Gas (More the motions less is the gas)
4. Low hunger (more the motions more is the hunger)  
5. Anal burning after motion
6. Tea/Coffee triggers bowel motion.

What foods should i eat and avoid. I am already taking homeopathic medicines so I am not looking for any medicine. I am looking for how can i keep my lifestyle so that I maintain good metabolic rate so mucus production is less but my weight is very less ( 52 Kgs ) so dont want to increase so much metabolism that my weight decreases further.

You provided the answer.Can you give more details on this point.

curd or milk product is not a very good idea. you can have milk but boil it with 1 spoon of grated ginger.
- Is it ok if i drink boiled milk at night.

over eating and salty or sweet food can increase symptoms. so avoid or use less both of these. keep your meal in small portions and dont drink water immediately after food.
- How much water can i drink after meal and how much water should i drink when i am not eating any food.My weight is very low (52 Kgs) and I am too thin and people are forcing me to eat lot of food and I naturally end up eating more food than my body hunger.Please advice.

Dear Mr Subodh
Curd you should avoid. Milk boiled with ginger is fine even at night. Only make sure you are not allergic to it and don't take any milk products during episodes of severe illness.
My point is also to make sure you don't lose too much of wt.
You can drink as much water as you want, but avoid half hour before and after taking meals.
one cup hot herbal tea as water after food will be fine.
Yes you are doing wrong by eating more than required. Take small portions of nutritious and light food. Considering your low appetite and slow metabolism you need to check your food inputs.
You will put on weight only by taking care of these rules. Take care.

Health and Peace

Dr Meenakshi Joshi  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.