Ayurveda/ayurveda- weak digestive system

I am having low appetite due to low digestive fire (weak digestive system). I had sinus surgery 4 yrs ago and after 6 months of that got gastritis due to antibiotics. Now i am having high tsh but ft3 & ft4 always normal and taking levothyroxine for last 1 yr but no improvement in my health. Infact my health is getting down as i am losing weight due to low appetite. My height is 5'7" and weight is 43kg.
I had tried chitrakadi vati, trikatu etc. but they cause acidity & irritation. I had also tried liv52, triphala but even they didnot improve my health. When i eat spicy,oily, fried food & multivitamin my stomach got upset. What medicine i can take to increase my digestive power & appetite?

Dear Mr sanjeev

I am not sure if allopath should start thyroid treatment even if tsh is little high but ft3-4 is normal. Because some times it's transitional. But you are taking the hormone for one year now. May be it will be good if you can check out and review your case again with one or more thyroid specialists.
You did wrong by taking chitrakadi vati. In acidity and ulceration its not advised . And with 43 kgs of wt I Dnt feel u r suffering from ama or kapha problem.

And again you are trying to push too many herbs and med in you. Try to understand when your body is not able to digest food how it can take med?  Second just rule out hormonal reason too by visiting a good thyroid specialist.

Avoid too much diary products and cold foods from your diet. If you take non veg then start with chicken soups. Don't eat too much but eat light n nutritious light cooked sabji multi grain fresh chapati brown rice or khichadi. Use ginger with lemon it works as appetite stimulant. Use warm water to drink and their should be no constipation.  Avoid curds yogurt all together. Eat fresh cooked food with mild seasonings and cow ghee or extra virgin olive oil
Do this for atleast 2 months. Meanwhile get a review of ur case and get back to me.

Health and Peace

Dr Meenakshi Joshi  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.