Ayurveda/Diabetes/Please help

Dear Dr Meenaxi. Please help if you can. I am a diabetic(type 2). On paper I should not be experiencing the complications that I have, because everysince I became diabetic(I have been diabetic for only 4 years). My a1c's have been normal(average frm 4.8 to 5.4), yet I have these major complications. Painful polyneuropathy(urinary/gastro dysfuntion neuroapthy), foot ulcers/ eyeproblems(cataracts/dry eyes), impotence. All of this with normal a1cs in only 4 years. My doctors are perplexed, and all they can say is that I am a unique case. When I became diabetic, I wanted no parts of drugs or insulin, therefore I used herbs(I take ojamin from India(you can google it). It has kept my sugars normal. Since doctors had no answer for me, on why this is happening to me, I decided ot do my own research, and found out that really the real cause of diabetic complications are the high sugar spikes after you eat, and that the a1c is a average, but it does not take into account the high sugar spikes after you eat, especially if you eat once a day(I eat once a day). The a1c is a average blood sugars for 3 month period. And yes, I have high sugar spikes after I eat. I wish I would have known this, because this ignorance my cause me my life, because diabetes is a progressive illness,and I have major complications early in this disease. I thought that as long as the a1c was normal, then I was okay. from what I have just recently read that is not the case. So I am thinking about taking insulin, since I have read, that it gets sugars down the quickest after you eat. Before I do that, I want to ask as many persons/doctors as possible that is educated on diabetes are their any natural/herbal product that can simulate what insulin does, or that can keep a diabetics sugars from rising, and be just as effective as insulin is? If you have any advice/opinion on what I as a diabetic can do to achieve this(stop high sugar spikes after I eat with natural herbs), God knows I would be very grateful, because I do not want to take drugs or insulin(unless It is a necessity. which is really the case now, but their might be a herb that can get my sugars down quickly just like insulin can). That is what I am asking of you Dr Meenaxi. Can you give me any advice on how I can help better manage my post meal sugar spikes after I eat. Any advice you can give, that can help me achieve this, I will be forever grateful. Thank you. Elbert Vaughn

Hello Elbert
I will suggest that for all the details and issues on diabetes , please get in touch with my husband Dr Vikram Chauhan , who is an expert in handling Diabetic patients. u Can write to him directly on him mail
I will recommend u the link ---- of our planetayurveda for diabetes.

dr meenakshi

Dr meenaxi

I can answer all questions related to ayurveda.

10 yrs experience and still working with the india's largest firm....DABUR INDIA ,manufacturing ayurvedic medicines . Read more

BAMS(Gold Medalist) ,MD(Alternative Medicine) Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy Diploma in Cosmetology,VLCC Certificate in Medical Astrology

GOLD MEDAL in Punjab University for standing First throughout the Degree course of Ayurveda.