Ayurveda/menopause without a gallbladder

Hello there, I am 50 years old and have had many symptoms of the Menopause for a few years.  My periods are now irregular and very heavy for the first few days.  I also suffer from swollen ankles, insomnia and now drastically thinning hair!  I believe i have a hormone imbalance and maybe not enough progesterone.  Can you advise me on some natural remedies??  I had my Gallbladder removed 3 years ago.  I have heard about Vitex, Raspberry tea and nettle tea.  Can you let me have your thoughts on these please.  I am not overweight, I am a fearful, sensitive, creative person, if that helps any!  Thank you for any response!

Dear Pat

Yes symptoms look very much like menopause. You are doing right. With all this add lavender aroma oil massage of your temples and feet before sleep. Use less refined food and less salts and sugars. Use soya products, vegetables and fruits more. You can use shatavari caps also as supplements. ashwagandha and tulsi is very good for your emotional problems. Take care do more exercise, meditation and keep your self happy and busy.

Health and Peace

Dr Meenakshi Joshi  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.