Ayurveda/Strictured urethra

QUESTION: I had strictured urethra and undergone urethroscopy during May 2003. Now I have burning sensation and the urine flow is dribbling. I heard uttarbasti has given good results. I am afraid to undergo another urethroscopy surgery. Kindly advise doctor.  I am residing at Delhi. Do you have a clinic in Delhi if so can I have the address or suggest a clinic in Delhi for uttarbasti

ANSWER: Dear Rangarajan,
Greetings !

In Ayurveda there are two types of treatment for Urinary stricture.
One is oral herbal medicines and second is Panchakarma procedure. In panchakarma- Utter Basti is the treatment in which some medicated oil is injected through urethra for a period of 10 days.
Both treatments are equally potent. But i prepare oral herbal medicines for this and i have treated many patients with good success. Treatment goes for 3-6 months. I prepare the medicines myself according to patientís individual problem and symptoms.
Both methods are equally good. But in some long standing cases or chronic cases we have to do both of this treatment together. Recurrence rate is 10-15 % after Ayurveda treatment but it is quite high after dilation or Allopathic treatment. Size/length of stricture makes the difference. Longer the stricture duration of treatment is long and even success rate are also less.
There is no Ayurveda center in Delhi which is doing Utter basti, for this you have to visit Naded in Maharashtra where few good utter basti clinics are.
If you need more information then feel free to contact me any time.

QUESTION: I am attaching xray(urethrogram) and ultrasonogram taken during 2003. Further, To do uttar basti do i need to stay in nanded for 10 days. Where are you located for consultation. Is it okay if I can take only oral herbal medicines. Do these medicines contain lead/arsenic

According to your Urethrogram, you have multiple stricture.So i don't think that you will be cured with only one mode of treatment.Means according to my opinion i think you have to take Utter basti and also internal medicines.
Moreover this X-ray is almost 10 years old so you have to take a fresh Urethrogram even before Utter basti.
For utter basti you have to stay at that place where you are taking Utter basti. And  you might have to take 1-3 sittings of such treatment.If you take a fresh Urethrogram and send me then i can take opinion of doctors expert in Utter basti.
I stay in Una of Himachal Pradesh. My medicines are mostly herbal and somewhat alkaline/salts and devoid of any heavy metal like arsenic or lead.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.