Ayurveda/Yoga technique for agni

Dear Dr. Dehal,
I have come across this technique, on a video, for reducing ama and increasing the digestive fire, described in this way:

"First is to sit in Vajrasana and breathe out. Keep chanting rum, rum, rum in heart. After exhaling, hold breath for about 50 seconds and push your belly in and out. This will strengthen you digestion capacity and will help absorb ama."

Is this a good technique to practice for this purpose, in this way? If so, how often and how much should it be practiced, and what other important indications might there be?

Thank you for your help, Dr. Dehal!

All best greetings,

Even sitting in this posture after taking food will help to digest that food and improves digestion.
But if you want to chant that rum beej mantra to digest the ama condition then better to do this before taking food twice a day ie in the morning and in the evening.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.