Ayurveda/"Undercooked" food

Dear Dr. Dehal,
I have recently encountered the information that "undercooked" food, even if originally Sattvic, becomes Tamasic.
Since I am Vata, I generally cook most of my food, but in order not to deplete too many nutrients and too much prana from the food, I usually lightly steam it. I try to cook it the minimum that is possible. My understanding is that vegetables or fruits cooked in this way, such that they are even a little crisp still after cooking, will have more vitality and nutrients than more fully cooked food, and be more easily digested than raw food.
I was surprised by this information about "undercooked" food - what exactly is meant by this, and what must I do in order to ensure that I am cooking my food correctly?

Thank you in advance for your help and all best greetings,

I do not agree with this Undercooked food theory.The way you are cooking food is the right way. but undercooked food things applies to chapati,rice etc and it is more suitable to medicines preparation.yes over cooking definitely spoil the qualities of food.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.