Ayurveda/Urethral Structure

QUESTION: What is the most effective method to treat a urethral structure?  I developed a urethral stricture 2.5 months after prostate cancer surgery (June 2013). Urine flow was blocked.  Currently trying to dialate the stricture with a catheter and possibly self catheterization for 6 months once the catheter is removed. I do not want this condition to recurr or get an infection. Would like to avod any more surgery and enjoy a good quality of life.

ANSWER: Dear Alfred,

Greetings !

In Ayurveda there are two types of treatment for Urinary stricture.
One is oral herbal medicines and second is Panchakarma procedure.In panchakarma- Utter Basti is the treatment in which some medicated oil is injected through urethra for 10 days.
Both treatments are equally potent. But i prepare oral herbal medicines for this  and i have treated many patients with good success. Treatment goes for 3-6 months.I prepare the medicines myself according to persons individual problem and symptoms.

QUESTION: Do you have information on your success rate in treating the urinary stricture?  Which method has been most effective?  What is the recurrence rate? Does the location or size of the stricture make a difference?

The success rate is more than 70 %. As i had few patients suffering
from this problem since more than 15 years and they were in their 50s
and few even had done surgery so in those cases success rate is very
Both methods are equally good.But is some long standing cases or chronic cases we have to do both of this treatment together.Recurrence rate is 10-15 % after Ayurveda treatment but it is quite high after dilation or Allopathic treatment.. Size/length of stricture make the difference. Longer the stricture duration of treatment is long and even success rate are also less.  

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.