Ayurveda/Ayurveda for 8 year old overweight

I have been taking Ashwagandha and shatavari, and at 48 feel better than ever. I have a history of low adrenals.
I am looking for an Ayurveda herb for my 8 (nearly 9) year old, who is gaining a lot of weight. The doctor worries about precocious puberty, but my family and I all grew earlier than our contemporaries, and our periods started at 12. My daughter is tall, overweight, big boned and has an aversion to exercise. I feel she eats no more than her sister who is the correct weight. There are many social stresses which I feel contribute to her anxiety, but she does not eat anxiously.

Before becoming pregnant my adrenal glands and DHEAS were at an exhaustive state, almost the lowest possible level. Around the same time I was diagnosed with Follicular lymphoma which thankfully remained indolent.
I feel my daughter must have acquired my adrenol exhaustion and that this remains in her system. Please could you advise.

Dear Victoria

Its difficult to manage children with weight issues. Certainly pregnancy hormones do have effect on unborn baby, that can be one of the causes too. Now you have to approach her from all angles. Check her diet, make it as healthy as possible. Keep her occupied in whatever interests her. At 8 years of age i wont recommend any medicines or herbs for her. Just a very healthy and strict diet with more physical exercise will be better.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.