Ayurveda/Pineapple with food

Dear Dr. Dehal,

I understand that fruit is not to be combined with foods, but have heard from some sources that pineapple is an exception, and eaten with food actually aids the digestive process. Is this true? And irrespective of whether it is raw or cooked?

Thank you for your help and all best wishes!

I am really very sorry for the delay in answering.
Its a rule that fruits shouls not be taken just after food and its better to take any fruit atleast one hour before food. And i believe that this rule also applies on pineapple.
Though pineapple has some chemicals in its juice which helps a lot in digestion of food especially proteins. It also increases digestion power.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.