Ayurveda/How long to take Ashwagandha powder?

Sir I want to ask that for how much time can i take ashwagandha powder. I am healthy and i not have any disease. I am very active. I regylarly practice yoga and also workout for 30 min 6 days a week. So i have have very much busy schedule because i am a student and i have to concentrate on my studies also. I am taking ashwagandha powder from 1 week and it shown amazing results for me because after working out i get tired so much but after taking ashwagandha i feel very much energetic and i have also read that it is good for our brain and it also helps to cope with daily stress and also increases our immunity. So can i take it for lifetime as supplement or i should take it for 3months, 6 months or for one year or more.please reply as soon as possible.

Greetings !
Indeed Ashwagandha is a excellent medicine and food supplement too. You can take for regularly for couple of months only and then give a break of 2 -4 weeks and then can continue again. Means you do not have to make a habit of taking this.

Dr.Gary Dehal

Any question related to Ayurveda.

Now i have a total experience of around 19 years including 7 years of clinical experience.

Divya Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital Ayurveda Himachal

Amar Ujala,Punjab Kesari,Arogya patrika,chikitsa pallav...

I am studying the different system of medicines since 1989.First i did 4 years BEMS and then MD(AM),Ayurveda Rattan,Vaidya Visharad,certificate in Food & Nutrition,BAMS(bachelor of Ayurveda) and now doing DNYS(diplome in yoga and naturopathy).

Distinguised Pattron-All India Ayurveda Congress,New Delhi. Vice-President-Himachal Pradesh State Ayurveda Doctors Union. Fellow Academy of General Education,Manipal. Special Life Member-AYUSH medical Association. Special member-Bharat Swabhiman Trust,Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust,Haridwar.

Civil servant,bureaucrat,senior police officer,professor,businessman.