Ayurveda/Jerking up from sleep

I am 35 years old Indian male. Most of the nights I know I am snoring as my wife has said so.But until now that did not bother my sleep many times.But recently whenever I am dozing off to sleep I can hear my throat making sounds like growling and that just jerks me and that just wakes me up. I can not go back to sleep for a long time which just makes me very anxious,my heartbeat increases.Recently this is happening more.Sometimes I just wake up suddenly without any sound too and the rest of the uneasiness follows.I work in shift duty of 2 days and 2 nights of 12 hours each followed by 3 offs.So I have to get up early for the day shif so if this happens on the previous night,I just feel very tired all through the next day. Please help.

Namaste Sumeet

It looks like you are having some emotional and physical stress. Head or foot massage with sandal wood oil or chamomile is very effective before sleep. keep your pillow not too high and not too low. also check which positions make disturbed sleep. mostly supine position may cause sudden break in sleep. try to sleep on side. you can also have some relaxing tea before sleep.
Get your normal routine tests done to rule out any other involvement. Start using ashwagandha which you can get easily every where. I hope this much will help. Try this for one month and get back at
if this all doesn't help we may need more investigations and med.  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.