Ayurveda/Advise on Hypothyroid

My name is govind, age 60 yrs and detected Hypothyroid 5 months ago. I was taking Allopath medicine for Thyroid  and cholesterol ( total serum cholesterol 270), but these caused weight reduction.I have slim body built and do not want to reduce weight further, in fact want to gain weight. Therefore I want to switch over to AYURVEDIC medicine to treat HYPOTHYROID and CHOLESTEROL.
I request your opinion on the names of Ayurvedic medicines/Bhasma useful for me.
Can GUGGUL (contained in any medicine) cause body shrinkage (or weight reduction).Are Shilajit, Ashwagandha,Punarnava and Mandur Bhasma useful for me. Please suggest names of ayurvedic medicine.
From your experience how much time is required to normalize thyroid imbalance. I read somewhere that, Adrenal and pituitary GLANDS are also required to be treated?
Please oblige by responding to my Query; I only need your opinion as an expert.
Thanks and regards

Namaste Govind

Treating Thyroid after you started medicines is going to be difficult. Start abhwagandha powder 3 gms two times a day along with kachnar gugul 2-2 tabs twice a day. Remove sugars and refined carbs from diet. It will be helpful in long run.

If you are reducing wt with med then you should report toyour dr in case of some dose adjustment he will be able to guide in better way.  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.