Ayurveda/Sensoryneurohearing loss

QUESTION: my son 11months of age is diagnosed SNHL of 70 to 80db in both ears and is recommended cochlear impant by the audiologist is there any ayurvedic treatment for it and will my son ever be able to hear me or not plz clarify

ANSWER: Namaste Mr Mahajan

I will advice you to go for implant or whatever Dr is advising. At this age if you delay mile stones will be delayed. Let the baby should start responding as soon as possible. Herbal med we can give after recovery.

if I go for implant then his original ear canal will be bypassed then how will he recover using ayurvedic medicines as he will be having a hole in his cochlea plz adice what to do

Namaste Again

There are many reasons for SNHL heraring loss. In the baby I assume its malformation of internal ear or undeveloped organ. In this case surgical correction will be helpful.
If Its because on infection or any other viral problem certainly we can help and wait.  

Dr Meenakshi Joshi

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is an expert in Ayurveda, Herbal medicine, Panchkarma, Ksharsutra and life style management.All sorts of queries regarding physical health , mental health, herbs,natural medicine, detoxification,pregnancy care, child care, geriatric , infertility and related issues are welcome.

Dr Meenakshi Joshi is in the field of natural healing and Ayurveda since 18 years.

Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon Vedic Healers, New Delhi and Gurgaon Shiajyo Inarsin Budhist Trust AMDA (Association of Medical Doctors of Asia)

Hindustan Times. Dainik Jagran, CCIM magazine, India Today (women)

A Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). PG PPHC in preventive health care from Apollo hospitals, PG CPK from Kasturba Medical College Manipal in panchkarma and ksharsutra. Aromatherapy course from FFDC Fragrance and Flavor Development council Kannauj and RTC ministry of SSI.