BDSM/a whole new world of sex

Question
I am 35, male, India,
Last month while getting the images of cat, I wrongly typed Ďscatí in google search. Although I recognized my mistake but it was entered. On the very 1st page there was an image of a girl face smeared with something like shit. I searched the same word on web and also clicked on the 1st option of wikipedia with a curiosity to know about this word. There it was written SCAT> Excrement> Coprophillia> Ď a sexul fetish involving fecesí.
Yet it was gross but also interesting. It made me more curious about the subject. After that I read a lot about scat, shit, feces, coprophillia, coprophagia, emetophilia, urolagnia, femdom, BDSM, etc. I also reached to the links where I found thousands of images and videos on the same subjects. The link to Ďall expertsí was also found in between.
I have lots of interest in sex but it was to my surprise that I had never listened or even thought of this kind of sexual fetish and now knowing a lot about it, I am again amazed to know the fact that so many people are engaged in it.
As this is the kind of subject that I can not discuss with my friends or even with my wife so I want to share some of my quarries with you.
1.      How can piss, shit and vomit be the ingredients of sex?
2.      What kind of pleasure do they derive from pissing, shitting and vomiting on each other?
3.      Isnít it abnormal and if it is, Isnít a quite good percentage of population abnormal?
4.      What may be the possible theory behind my this state of mind that despite knowing the fact that it is very gross and disgusting but also interesting. I know I can never indulge in this kind of sexual act but the contradiction is that I am attracted to these subjects and want to read and view more & more of it.
5.      As I am from between the society which is very religious, orthodox and conservative and these subjects are  real taboos in our society ( although I am exception ), I also want to know my wifeís opinion on these subjects but  am afraid of what she will think of me. Please guide me how should I initiate with her and what might be her possible reactions?
Thanks in advance.
Akash

Answer
Social stereotypes and closed thinking are not simply a fact of western culture.  The particular interest you shown in a subject that borders on the extreme in most lifestyle conversations and the type of questions show more of an intellectual curiosity rather than personal interest.

SO I shall attempt to deal with this in as clinical a manner as possible.

1.  Sex is a act of either breeding or personal gratification.  If it is the later then what limits come into it are only those things that consenting adults can possible imagine.  The acts an activities are usually more couple however, with humiliation and de-humanization rather than straight sexual acts.  There is a lot of written on it and you should be able to find your fill on the topic.

2. See the above statement.

3. If the percentage of abnormal activity was actually measured, then it would be the norm. What makes it so abnormal is that it is split int he various discrete activities.  I would suggest that less than 10% of the world population perform the missionary position exclusively for procreation.  Everything else is abnormal by someone's definition.

4. I am not going to theorize on your state of mind based on this email.  IF you need that level of discussion talk to a therapist.

5.  I am and always have been a firm believer of honesty, total and complete honesty.  Now given your situation discretion may be necessary. But an open and frank conversation between married couples needs to be possible otherwise you have not much of a relationship established.  So talk to her.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck