BDSM/Why do we do BDSM?

Question
I have a burning question that I've wanted to know for a while, and it has only been emphasised more following the prominence of BDSM in novels recently.
Why do people actually do BDSM? Like, how do they get involved in it, get started in it? And is there a certain age at which people begin?
I really hope you can help answer my question.
Thankyou!

Answer
kirsty

You ask some very simple and yet deep questions here.  Everybody gets involved in it for one of three reasons, 1.  They fell into out of conditions beyond their control, 2. They wanted to explore and discover something that was missing in there life, 3. Did not have a choice.

Every other reason you can imagine falls generally into one of those three categories.  Like being dirt poor and no escape, (3) because they would rather be well fed and abused by someone able to care for them than fall for another dirt poor fool. Just for example.  Some people use it as a way to deal with the things in their lives which previously traumatized them (like incest, or abuse) (1)  and are trying to put things into order.  And others read a kinky book and simply say "I wonder what that is like" (2).

As to age, if you have read as may profiles you will discover there really is no age when it happens,  big periods are post puberty (discovery) and mid life crisis (wondering what they missed) but all in all you will find people of all ages.

If you have more questions of a particularly nature ask.  

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck