BDSM/Can't find a legitimate Master

Question
i am a legitimate slave, on a never-ending quest for a real Master. i've tried Craigslist (dangerous, i know), but to no avail. Most of the Men that respond are only looking for a sex slave or just a one night stand... i am looking for a ltr with a real Master... i'm a domestic and sexual slave. i choose to obey in the bedroom as well as in everyday life. It brings me a considerable amount of enjoyment and feeling of being whole. Are there any websites or chat rooms that are made specifically for slaves and Masters to meet each other? Any other websites like Craigslist? Any advice on how to pick out a "real" Master? Please help. Thank You for Your time

Answer
stephanie -

I understand the frustration in finding a suitable partner for a power-based relationship.  Take the challenges of finding any compatible person, then add to it the need for a shared perspective of the desired power dynamic, and it can seem like an impossible task.

But it isn't.

There are kinky websites.  Some are intended as a place to find partners (like CollarMe).  I would recommend against them.  Rather, I'd encourage you to get out in your local community and meet people in person.  It might be that you stumble upon a potential Master.  Or it might be that a friend you meet there knows of someone.  But there's just a qualitative difference in meeting in person.

A great site for finding out about local events (munches, workshops, open play, etc.) is FetLife.  It is essentially the BDSM version of Facebook.  There are groups intended for people interested in meeting people.  But it tends to be the one sentence exchange.  In addition to finding out about local events, you might find someone indirectly through FetLife by finding someone whose comments in a group thread speak to you.  It can also be a valuable resource for asking questions and exploring interests.

Regardless of which avenue you choose, it's important to understand what you are looking for.  "Real" is a subjective term.  I realize you meant it to me someone serious about the Lifestyle and not just looking to fuck.  But it's important to realize that there are different styles of Dominance and its component parts (leadership, management, communication).  Knowing what you are seeking out of a relationship will help you know what to look for.

Best of luck in your search,

Ben

BDSM

Ben Martin