BDSM/Is this lifestyle for me

Question
Hello,I'm curious about the Dom/sub lifestyle but am also nervous.It started when I read 50 shades of grey (yes I know lol) but there were so many parts that clicked.Whilst i am not a virgin I probably have the sexual experience of a 15yr old and I want more than feeling bored and expecting more and being disappointed. I need someone to take charge with me and not let me shut down or bluff my way out but I dont like humiliation or mind control or games.The idea of pleasing makes me slightly breathless.I am very shy, polite and have trust issues and have some mental bagage from a recent breakup but nor am I weak.Sometimes I feel like I want to smacked or whipped especially if I feel bad though I am not a masochist I was hoping this lifestyle could help fill the void I've always had or have I the wrong idea? I know you cant "tell" me but your advise would help me so much.Even though I read that book I absolutely take this serious and with great repect though I dont want to be romantasing an unrealistic idea . I'm sorry if I sound confused but it is difficult to put all I think or feel into words.I look forward to your reply and thank you.

Answer
eli,

It is clear to me that you have sub leanings, potentially masochistic. In actual fact this lifestyle is as much to allow people to explore their sexuality and kink in a non-judgemental way as any other mechanism I would suggest that you read up more on the lifestyle. 50 shades of grey has unrealistic expectations of both sides of the relationship, and the protagonist is potentially a questionable Dom. Better books about the lifestyle exists by authors such as,  Jay Wiseman (SM101) or John and Libby Warren (A Loving Dominant, or The New Bottoming) other references exist as well.

I suggest you also look at a couple reference sites such as:

http://www.bdsmdebunkingthemyths.com/Welcome.html
http://www.leathernroses.com/
http://ww1.punishmentbook.org/
http://www.withinreality.com/247.html

Many others exist and numerous sites have links to other places.  My sub particularly likes BDSM fiction (i.e.: The Siren by Tiffany Reisz)and porn but those can be researched online.

If you other questions feel free, a good site for forums is FetLife.com

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck