BDSM/commitment

Question
I am considering a M/s relationship, but don't really have any experience with it. The Dom in this case would be a very old friend of mine with a lot of history, and I trust him very much. We've dated before, and we're both single, but I don't really mind if he sees other women at this point. Does a sub have to be a significant other? Can I be something like a "pet"? How is that viewed; is it trashy, or does everyone sort of have their own way of doing it? I'm not clear on the conventions here, or if there are any.

Answer
Hi, Sarah, thanks for writing...

You might want to pick up a copy of at least my first book on M/s called: "Master/slave Relations: Handbook of theory and practice" -- and possibly my "Protocol Handbook for the Female slave: Handbook of theory and practice".

All relationships are slightly different and polyamorous M/s is fairly common.  No, a sub doesn't have to be a SO and yes you can be a pet -- if you want to do "it", whatever "it" is, it's up to those involved in the relationship structure -- there aren't any rules and nobody will think better or worse of you: it's just the way you guys are.  For 10 years I was Owned and I also had a slave and she and I were swingers.  It's just the way we were.

Best wishes,

Bob  

BDSM

Robert Rubel (Dr. Bob)