BDSM/New with the BDSM lifestyle!!!

Question
Hello Miss-L,

I am new with the lifestyle. But I have already researched,read books,blogs..ect. on it so I am aware a tad bit on how it functions but I'm 20 and wish to meet people that are into the lifestyle I am quite shy. I take it as a negative regard and would like to meet a Dom that would teach me or take intrest in me. I do not wish to jump right into it but I dont know what to do to put myself out there to meet new people that are into the same intrests with out it being someone online that would try to harm me or anything..I am lost inot what first steps I should take to having this first relationship to try it out because I have bin interested in the lifestyle since I was 16 started researching and all. Finally now I have the curage to at least try to find someone I can talk to and hopefully initiate this first relationship with someone that is experienced and willing to help me along this new path that im thaking! any advice for me on how to meet people and so on without having to be strictly an online thing?

Answer
raven

Sorry, Miss-L has not responded so your message got kicked in to the general group.  I will try to answer you.  If you want other's opinions I am sure they will ad at your request.

Funny, I had a couple people recently ask similar questions.  I must reiterate I what I told them a serious lifestyle Dominant will invest time in serious submissives wanting to learn. Sometimes simply to impart knowledge, others as a way to evaluate and assess them and still others as a way to provide opportunities to own.  Because we all have our own motivation it is the one thing you need to be aware that we all do not do this for the betterment of others. If you can accept that then any range of people can provide you interesting and varied input.  Also do not ignore other submissives; they have their own perspectives, and experiences which help complete the view and may help you make more informed decisions as the time comes.  After all for you this is about what you want, need, desire and how you can discover your inner self.

The shortest path is a straight line,  so while many of us hate the cruising side of many sites on the internet most now have forums.  These forums allow both dom and sub to exchange ideas on numerous topics and version of the lifestyle.  They also allow you to measure responses against others inputs.  Munches are a good way to meet people, set some basic rules for yourself and you should be able to interact and discover a lot about yourself, and along the way define your place in our universe.

If you have specific questions I (and I am sure others here) will gladly respond to you.  SO learn, but focus on what is important to you; a good Master/Mistress will leave no doubt in your mind as to their needs, but if you are learning then right those things that will help make a life choice are more important than simply falling to your knees mindlessly.  

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck