BDSM/New to this sorta

Question
Long and the short of it is I was engaged to a gal who liked me to be in control with everything sexual. It was new to me, we had much fun but I don't know how much of it was D/s or just us fooling around.

Sadly she passed away and after a while I started dating again and found someone I've clicked with, and she pretty much popped the question: "Can I call you master". This is something brand new to me.

It's sort of new to her as well as she's fresh into college away from the controlling parents and she's got all these desires of being controlled conflicting with her 'moral' upbringing.

My thing is neither one of us know what our 'limits' are because it's relatively new to both of us in certain respects. I like being her 'master' and she likes being my 'fucktoy'. I've done some google searches but I'm not sure what's considered 'extreme' and what's considered 'low key' into getting into this.

She likes me to control her, to tease her, orgasm denial i think it is, and lately she's been asking for 'punishments'. This is something I've never done, so any sort of advice would be helpful.

How do we both do this new thing without any experience without freaking each other out?

We speak openly, and it's going along I think, but we don't know what the 'next step' is essentially. I know there's no ladder guide but for...general ideas for couples to explore is there a starting point?

I feel like both she and I are just trying random things that come to mind and seeing what happens.

Answer
GD -

Congraduations for finding a partner in crime and for wanting to "do it right."

Talking is the first place to start - exploring what interests each of you and where you'd like to go. Is this about kinky sex? Is a transfer of authority something you each want? Is this limited by time (eg weekends), space (the bedroom), or function (everything but X)?  How do you communicate? Is punishment (or "funishment?)  part of the relationship? what motovates each of you - kinky sex? service? structure?   

You don't have to explore these questions on your own. I don't know where in Virginia you live, but there are many groups and events where you can learn skills, ask question, meet others, find mentors and explore kinks

BDSM

Ben Martin