BDSM/How clingy is too clingy for a submissive?

Question
What would be too clingy for a pet?
i feel like i'm too clingy,which i always figured was normal for a pet. But,how much should i actually rely on my Master?
i can still function without Him, (Right now,its long distance thing anyways.) but i still feel,clingy.i rely on Him for what to do,what to wear,what to say,etc. Whenever i see Him i'm usually right by His side. And,generally,miss Him when i'm not talking to Him,or around Him.
So,i was wondering,is there a such thing as too clingy for even a submissive?
And if so,how can i be less clingy without seeming like i'm pulling away,or not interested anymore?

Answer
When we were just getting to know each other we also were LD (about 10,000 miles actually) and I thought she might be too clingy. When we actually met, feel in love, clingy turned into "i don't want to be separated from you" for both of us.

In a M/s relationship the power dynamic can support an intense feeling of closeness, which, to those "outside" could be seen as co-dependency.

This is my third marriage, my first M/s relationship, and I feel "this time I got it right". What I first perceived as 'clingy' has been transformed in closeness, full emotional engagement, emotional intimacy to a degree that I have never experienced before.

But also"too clingy" is your self-evaluation; and a common (and endearing) trait of submissives is to be too critical of themselves. In practicality, only your Master can assess if you are, or are not, too clingy.

See this feeling as an opportunity to build trust and openness of communication between the two of you. Turning fear (or concern) into trust is a wonderful journey.

Regards
BrianR

BDSM

BrianR