BDSM/new and confused

Question
I am a 30 yr old woman with 2 small children, I am in a long distance Relationship with a man I consider my soul mate. About a week ago he confessed that he would love to have a Master / slave relationship with me, not just in the bed room full time.  I've always had a sub. personality and decided to read up on what the Master / slave lifestyle was about, I found I rather like the idea. So we agreed that I would give it a try and then I could decide when I go for my visit, so far I've found it pleasing. My main concern is I love this man with all that I am and I fear that I'll lose the man I fell in love with or If I decide It's not something I can do full time it will break us.  This last week of being his slave has made me happy aside of we now do not have the long talks as we used to he is no longer sweet and romantic all the things that made me fall in love... should I express this? should I just tell him I can't live this life due to the change in him? I feel very alone and confused I want to serve and please him but i don't want to lose the man I fell in love with either can you help?

Answer
Kat,

Yes you should express this to him.. You can have a M/s relationship and still be romantic with each other.. One of the biggest problems with couples, is that they tend to think since they are in a M/s relationship they can no longer do the things that they did before.. Which is not true, you can do it all, and maybe even more.. Since your job is to take care of yourself first, and then him, you need to make sure he knows what it is you are feeling so as the Master he can tend to the issues that concern you.. He is not a mind reader nor should he be.. A power exchange relationship takes continuing communication.. You need to always be able to tell him what it is you are feeling, good or bad or indifferent.. You need to do this in a none confronting way.. You can do this by putting the M/s on the side for a moment, or write it in a journal and send it to him or allow him to read it.. Either way you need to remember, M/s is still a relationship, and he needs to understand that as well..

If you are not already Members I would suggest you both join Fetlife, and find others in your area which you can talk with, and learn from..

I wish you luck and I hope things work out for you.

Lady Atyana

BDSM

Lady Aryana