BDSM/Am i a sub

Question
Hello, and thank you for answering my question.

I have deep fantasies of being manhandled, spanked, used, doggie styled for hours, but with someone who knows what they are doing.
I never even considered bdsm until reading 50 shades of Grey -cliche, I know, and rather inaccurate BDSM  based on conversations I had-but it gave me a glimpse into something I may be interested in.
How do I know I am a sub for sure?
How to approach my significant other and initiate a conversation?
What if I am scared of pain? I am not sure I want to be beaten, gagged, etc.

Thank you! I appreciate your time!

Answer
d.

It is best to attempt to act out these fantasies in a safe zone. Find an experienced Dom(me) and explain the situation. There's a possibility you may be judged unfairly because of your exposure to BDSM in the form of Fifty Shades of Grey, but that's, I venture to guess, a risk you're willing to take. If you are scared of pain, use the three-step safe words (green, rarely - just after yellow, to signify "okay start again" | yellow, when needed - if you're becoming very uncomfortable and think you need to slow down | red, once - that will stop the session completely and it will not resume. If you use these tools and find someone who is kind enough to experiment with someone who is new, you can find out fairly easily if BDSM is right for you.

Madame Rax.

BDSM

Madame Rax