BDSM/personalities or titles?

Question
How would you define the types of submissives with these titles (include additional titles if possible) slave, pet, babygirl, little, dollies, est? Do you consider these names just titles, a representation of service/play preferred or personality types?

Answer
Luis

I am surprised this question came as private; so I changed it to public.  It is a good question one which can be at the heart of many peoples view points.

Titles bear a value to help distinguish and define a person but I have yet to meet any person whom could be defined by a single title. In the life style they help use "announce" to people outside our clutch as to the relationship and role played within the lifestyle.  There is a world of difference between "sub", "slave" and "newbie"; or between "maso", "kinkster", "sex toy", etc.  Sometimes they define the relationship, sometimes they define the preference; mixing them up gives you an explanation of what the relationship is about.

Personally; I use names, peoples names but can change them up to names which bear meaning and more importantly are a handle given by a dom to their property; as opposed to one they identify themselves with.  I express relationships to others in terms of titles, but rarely use them in private. I for one do not need to be called master all of the time to reinforce my ego; I will insist on titles (and prefer the Latin term "Dominar") to reinforce in the slave when they are being put in their place but otherwise I tend to relax it a little. Other dominants are significantly more pedantic but over time you grow into your skin and it needs little external (verbal) reinforcing.  

However, having said that during scenes or extended training titles are essential that the power distance and clear separation occurs; so familiarity of names is a strict no-no and titles are used to exclusion.

I do not know if this helps you but again it is my view; and others may differ.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck