BDSM/Am I a sadist or just twisted?

Question
Dear Aramock,

I have a question pertaining to my own feelings.  I have always been a relatively soft heart person, sometimes even submissive.  But I find there are many aspect of bdsm I enjoy executed by Doms mainly, such as tease and denial, mild humiliation. I particularly enjoy the submission of strong, dominant men.  

However, there are some things which I enjoy that I don't quite know if it has a place in the bdsm lifestyle.  I become extremely aroused when my partners emotions are in conflict, a mixture between guilt, jealousy and wanton lust. I have a possessive nature where I hate to share what belongs to me.  Those who cheat I never keep.  Yet, I have often spun webs where I lure my partners to cheat on me.  It greatly arouses me to deny them when they are groveling for forgiveness, to make them jealous and angry by showering others with affection and subject the more adamant ones to punishments they are willing to endure to return themselves to my favour only to cast them aside at the end.  

I am not toying with their feelings and emotions out of spite or just for fun. Rather I find it truly sexually arousing. I find because of this I don't engage any real emotions in the relationships I have.  Am I a sadist or am I just twisted?

Answer
I expect much of this has to do with your personality, and your handle is reflective of that.  I seriously doubt you are a sadist in the traditional sense of the word.  It is more like emotional and mental damage, along with humiliations.  I expect your arousal peaks with this simply as a sense of the control it gives you over the person; and while not a psychologist invokes a sociopathic traits.  I would not be surprised also if you are quite narcissistic.  Your twisting of people appears totally without any aspect or understanding of any value to them. So I would say you are both and neither.  Obvious you have a twisted nature, and a socially/mentally sadistic.  But then your actions could easily be found in numerous vanilla existences. Nor will I moralize if it is right or wrong; just that it is what it is.  

There are going to be individuals who will know or learn your nature and want to change it many of them "victims" of your machinations others thinking to break the cycle.  Good luck to them because I believe they are all doomed to fail.  I also think a number of people will seek this out, simply because their own needs for humiliation and denial will compel them to fail; and it will be easier to achieve that goal with you than someone who is forgiving. So (I hate to say it) but you serve a purpose.  I expect the very young and very pathetic will stray to you as a way to force this situation with you.

So how you judge yourself is really all that is important because others like me will NOT make that call for you.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck