BDSM/gay bottom dom

Question
Italian gay guy here ^^
That's probably silly, but can a gay bottom, and I mean bottom in the gay slang meaning, being dominant or master?
Every s&m film I see, the dom is a top, bottom is a sub. Group movies? One sub bottom, the other guys are top. And I dont know any gay D/s couple to ask. Maybe a bottom guy can be the dom, but it's very rare?

Answer
If you think about it, it's not surprising that there's a coronation of Dominant/Top and submissive/bottom. However, there's nothing that says this is the only possible arrangement.

D/s is a relationship construct - who has authority and who cedes authority. Top/bottom is about giving and receiving in BDSM activities. With this understanding you can see how there can be crossover in roles.  Think of a couple driving in a car. The Dominant can decide to drive (topping) or be the passenger (bottoming). But as the "bottom" he's still exerting control (turn left at the next light; slow down; turn off the radio). The same holds true in a BDSM context. If the Dominant likes to get flogged or ass fucked, then that's what he decides and directs (slowly, slowly, now harder!).

The Lifestyle should be about self-actualization. If you like to be in co trol but be on the receiving end of activities, then you're a Dominant that likes to bottom. Look for a submissive that likes to serve by topping. Enjoy

BDSM

Ben Martin