BDSM/Dominant sadist's feelings towards a sub

Question
Hello,

I have a question about a sadistic dom's psychology. If the dom is sadist that enjoys extreme torture on his sub, how can this enjoyment can actually go along with love and empathy? It's obvious that it can, but I do not completely get how the sadist feels about his sub. How can a desire to see his sub suffering be compatible with the desire to keep the sub safe and loved? And what does the sadistic dom feel during the torturing game?
It would be great if you could help me truly understand this aspect of S&M relationship and the psychology behind it.

Thank you, Christine

Answer
Christine,

Sorry about the delay I never got the noticed I had yours and others pending with questions..

As for your question, really it is not hard.. To protect her and keep her safe is part of the relationship. It could be this is part of what she needs to be complete and the protection is from those outside the relationship. It could also be protecting her from herself as well. When you enter into a BDSM relationship it is known for the most part that S&M is part of the relationship and when you stop giving it then you start to hurt the relationship. The same goes with control. If you enter into a relationship and you are supposed to control her, and it stops you are no longer giving her the love she needs in her life.

A sadist is not going to hurt who they play with so that it causes lasting issues.. You know what the limits are and if you are a good Master or Mistress you respect those limits.. You normally would get involved with someone who matches up with you or someone who is willing to push the limits they have for you. No matter how or who you end up with you always make sure that at the end of the day they are loved and respected and able to do what they need to do in life so that they can play again the next days or weeks to come. Making one feel safe is as easy as showing them you can give them what they needs/desire.. If this is what it takes, then the sadist has no issues giving what he gives best..

Lady Aryana

BDSM

Lady Aryana