BDSM/Is too much face slapping dangerous?

Question
I and my husband have some serious femdom play every weekend. I take overall control of him in the Friday nights and do whatever I want (to be honest I'm a sadist). Last week he had to be punished for some serious mistake and I gave him about 250-300 slaps on face (Not continuously but taking breaks) in a 4 hour interval (I mix it with caning, whipping and some other torture). From the next day he suffered from some cheek pain when eating something and fortunately he's fine after three days (I wanted to go to a doctor but he did not want). Now the question is, if I slap him that much, will his face become used to it? or do I need to reduce the slap? [The slap session was exciting - he suffers and begs a lot and I would like to do this on the coming weekend as well if you think it's normal first time and I can continue pushing. He did a big mistake so I will punish him for many weeks using that reason] I am happy when he's screaming in pain and I make him suffer most of the time during the session but I don't want to do any permanent harm to him. This was a punishment session thus he does not have the safe word option.

Answer
Hello,

Thanks for writing. Sounds like your sub is in for some serious punishment. His face most likely was sore due to muscle trauma from the repeated slapping. If you continue slapping him with this much force, the risk of damage will never decrease, he just might learn to tolerate the pain better but the effects will still be there.

I've always heard there is no "safe" way to do face slapping, only that you can learn to do it "safer".

Personally I love face slapping and when I first found out it was something I enjoyed, I did it often but I didn't always do it to what I'd deem as safe now.

All five senses can be affected by face slapping so you want to be careful where you slap and how much force you use.

Here are some tips to help you avoid inflicting excessive damage to the sub.

- Remove any jewelry, watches, or other protruding items from your hand and wrists as these can seriously increase impact pressure and potential damage

- Test out your slapping on their bottom first, to see how much pressure you'll be using. This can also be a good warm-up before you get to the face

- Keep your fingers together as much as possible. Flat hands tend to leave marks while cupped hands can leave bruises.

- Try using mostly your fingers as opposed to your palm or full hand, this will allow for the same effect without the heaviness

- Avoid having a stiff arm, allow your wrist to move in a flexible motion as if you were moving your hand through water, this motion is what I prefer when slapping

- The closer you are the more control you have over the slap. Personally I prefer getting right in my subs face as I slap them, this allows me to berate them at the same time.

- Backhanding should be left for experienced slappers, the knuckles are damage dealers when used improperly

- Aiming for the center of the cheek is advisable. If you aim for the fat of the check you could hit too high (near the eye area) and if you hit too low you could hit the mouth or teeth.

- I like when a sub starts to cry, slapping a wet face is sure to cause more pain as feelings on wet skin is increased.

- Lastly, when face slapping remember the human head is on top of the neck. Whiplash is a very real possibility. Slap too hard or incorrectly you may inflict an unintentional neck injury.

Face slapping has and probably always will be a controversial BDSM activity. In my opinion I love it and when executed properly can instill and stir the right emotions in your submissive.

Happy slapping!  

BDSM

Natali Noir