BDSM/finding out more about the lifestyle

Question
Hi, I've become more and more interested in the BDSM lifestyle but feel I've been looking in the wrong places. my first sexual experience was with a master who taught me a few basic things he felt I should know. since then I have been trying to learn more and find someone who is willing to be a dominant figure but have only found fakes who know little of the lifestyle and it's background. I'm just wondering if you have any advice on where I could search or how I can find what I'm looking for.

Answer
sarah:

The problem you face is that numerous people use this lifestyle as a way to NSA (no strings attached sex) and have little real interest in the lifestyle. ALT and CollarMe are rife with this, as well as scammers and people posing as what they are not. UK BDSM site are as riddled with this as well. You need find people willing to engage with a novice, the best way to do so is attend some local munches (BDSM get togethers) or some of the bigger events. Network with people but before you jump into sometime talk to the people focus on your and their interests. Very often those just wanting in your pants will tell you everything you want to hear or align with you when talking. Most of the serious people will have some particular interests that hey have strong leanings towards and are obvious about it.

This life style has many forms and styles or sub cultures. Even the most open minded of us still are not into everything. As a dominant many may give a little on this to ensure a sub has the experiences they need to be fulfilled but usually will always gravitate back to their comfort zones. Find ones with the same interests to start, likely if you are new your interests will grow and expand. The other thing is avoid very young dominants. Let's be honest it takes experience and lots of it to expand and broaden ones interests and the very young while "beautiful" lack most of that and tend to be more sexually focused.

If you have more questions feel free to ask. Others here can give you views from different perspectives. Remember it is the fact you can get multiple view points that allows you to build a sense of comfort and understanding which supports you rather than manipulates you.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck