BDSM/curious newbie

Question
I'm a 22 year old female sub and my girlfriend is a domme  and we've been conversing about it and I'd like to submit to her fully.  She's asked me to name her and being that this is my first time ever submitting to anyone I was wondering if you could shed some light on what would be appropriate to call her

Answer
Hi Lorraine

Nothing bratty! :)

As you identify her as a Domme (this is,  in my experience, not a favorite term by the way with my lesbian friends because of it's close association with F/m paid submission) Mistress (note the capitalization as it is a title). Typically the power figure selects their own form of address rather then the submissive choosing one. While I have the title, and role of Master, at my direction my slave (who is also wife,  best friend, constant companion) calls, and refers to me, simply as Brian. But we are 24/7 which changes the nature of the Authority Based Relationship.

As you speak of fully submitting, an excellent book I would recommend is "slave craft" edited by Guy Baldwin. Although written from the perspective of a gay man, I think that it is the best written book on "the slaves heart" I've come across.

I would offer a bit of advice about submitting completely. Complete submission does not relieve you of your responsibility to your own mental and physical wellbeing. To submit fully requires absolute trust in the one you serve. This can only be earned over time. It cannot be taken from you on demand. Give of yourself freely, but listen to your inner voice afterwards. Are you happy, fulfilled,  even joyful? Wonderful! Are you unhappy, feel abused? Then you have an obligation to respect yourself and reconsider if the relation you are in is appropriate. In the end we do this because it makes us feel good! 😊

I'm BrianR on Fetlife, my slave is MelR.

Regards
Brian  

BDSM

BrianR