BDSM/Leash etiquette

Question
Sir has a leash that he occasionally uses with me privately. We are going to a play party next weekend and he will likely leash me. We both understand that the leash isn't to be left dangling as it is an invitation to other Doms.  Are there other unspoken protocols that we should know before he leashes me around others?

Answer
Hi, Morsel, thanks for writing...

There really aren't any traditional ways of managing a leash in that setting: each couple works out their own protocols.

In this case, I'd suggest that once your Dom has led you into the party and shown you around, he instruct you to kneel and then say something to you ceremoniously as he unclips the leash and puts it in his pocket.  Should he again decide to leash you before leaving, he would again have you kneel while he says something ceremonial and re-attaches the leash.

If he is not dressed in such a way as to be able to put the leash in his pocket, he might consider wrapping it around your waist and clipping it so look something like a belt with the leather handle dangling by your side.

By the way, should any other Dom/me approach you, you might ask your own Dom whether the correct wording might be: "Sir/Ma'am, I am in high protocol this evening and not permitted to speak." or something to that effect.

Hope you have a smashing time at the party...

Bob

BDSM

Robert Rubel (Dr. Bob)