BDSM/Unsure of how to proceed (D/S longterm relationship)

Question
I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about 2 1/2 months now, and when we first started, she warned me that she is a sub and needs a dom. I humored the thought and decided to give it a try, and we've been doing well enough, but I'm personally fearful if it will last.

I'm not a needy man. I really don't need much at all, and I've always made a point of giving women equal power as myself. Getting into the dom mindset is a challenge for me, and even then, I don't even know if I really enjoy it. However, this is something my sub seriously needs, and I don't know whether if I'm working with the wrong information, if it's possible to be a dom with that mindset, or if it would be right to just let her go to find what she needs. It doesn't help that I'm only 23, so my ability to manage a proper D/S relationship between school and work full-time is almost non-existent. I fear that if I keep this up, I won't be able to satisfy her needs.

So I really have two questions. Is it possible that a natural top can get into the dom mindset without fearing what he does will harm his sub, even negligently? And what would be the best approach to a relationship like this? She needs a dom to really be satisfied sexually, would it be better for me to let her go, or stick through and try to become a dom for her?

Answer
First of all, there are things you need to understand:

1. A "Dom" mindset isn't abusive, rude, or intentionally taking power with the explicit idea that you want to harm a person.

2. Dominating a woman doesn't involve being a misogynist or a scumbag.

3. It's what she wants, so you'd be doing NOTHING wrong, unless you violated her consent.

When these situations occur, I have to strongly suggest to the potential Dom that they need to disabuse themselves of the idea that being dominating is being harmful, mean, or awful. It doesn't have to be a 50 Shades of Grey situation. There's no need to hurt your girlfriend. She just wants you to take charge, be demanding, and basically have run of the court.

If you find that this does not awaken in you an empowered, sympathetic, loving domineer living inside of you, I would recommend that you let her go. But there is a sensual, adoring component to domination. It's not at all pure objectification, with no love behind it.

Madame Rax.

BDSM

Madame Rax