BDSM/BDSM Confusion

Question
Ok so I'm 17 and I met this 24 year old guy on Facebook. We really hit it off and got into a relationship and I learned he's a Dom. Now I'm not sure whether I'm a submissive or not and I have no one whom I can share BDSM related things with as most people think it is strange and abusive and no one really knows much about it anyway. I used to have fantasies about spanking as a very young child and when I think of being tied up or called names, it turns me on very much but other than that, the majority of my fantasies are romantic instead of sexual.
However, should I get into this lifestyle? I'm so young and it is so complex and dangerous. I don't even know whether I'm a submissive because I only like these things sometimes and not full time as a lifestyle. These thoughts are really disturbing my studies because though BDSM seems amazing, my exam results count the most. My boyfriend is so busy these days and I can't even talk to him about these things in detail.

Answer
All of it is fine, until you start comparing your preferences with what you think is "normal" or other people's standards.
The way you experience pleasure is a very personal, individual experience, and a Dom must be sensitive and skilled enough to nurture and promote it.

The fact that you can't talk to him about it is troubling. It means that he is not a Dom or at least doesn't know how to be one, or that he is not approachable and open-minded enough to talk about it without being judgemental.

I don't know what is the age of consent in India. Hopefully he is not crossing a legal line here...

BDSM

Khaos