BDSM/Further Regarding Fire Play

Question
Good Morning, Bob:
         This is Marie.

We are not a little disappointed but we do respect your position.  Warren has done a lot of checking and discovered that you are considered to be the leading expert in the area of fireplay. Also, being in the film industry, he has a lot of contacts.  Interestingly one of his contact happens to be a pyrotechnician who is also very much involved in the life-style and with whom Warren and I have discussed our interests.  His opinion is roughly the same as yours in that he considers what we want to do to be extremely dangerous; but he also added the caveat that he thinks that something closely approaching what we want, but less dangerous, should be possible. That being the case, we have several questions for you.
First, it is our understanding that you do actual live training sessions and we are very much interested in learning everything we can about the practice and definitely want to continue our exposure to and involvement in the scene.  Warren has prepared and ignited me five times over the past two years and I can tell you that, as vanilla as those scenes were, I have never experienced anything, even sub-space, that even came close to being that erotic. The sensation of flames flickering up between my legs and then lapping at my beasts and nipples was unforgettable and I truly want to experience it again and again and as often as possible. I have done Warren only twice, and I have neither the strength nor the knowledge to do for him that which he has already done for me; so,would you, please, be willing to take us on and train us properly.
We can travel to wherever you are, or you may wish us to go, and we will underwrite your fees and your expenses.  And, if you wish, we will fund any specialized equipment you might wish to have made.  And, too, if you conduct actual classes, we would be delighted to have you accept us as the subject of your demonstrations.  We are both totally unabashed exhibitionists and we have no problem with being photographed and/or filmed for whatever purpose you have in mind or need.  In fact, we totally enjoy it and you will find us to be most compliant models.
Please, we really do want to be completely trained by you and we will do whatever it takes to make that happen.Let us know what you may require of us in terms of being properly trained by you.
Anxiously awaiting your favorable answer!!!!!

Marie

Answer
Hi, Marie --

My honest initial reaction to opening your letter is surprise that you guys are real.  I thought your first letter more of a set-up.  You will appreciate the legal liability of encouraging you in this -- particularly because you didn't write this as a private message.  Speaking of which, you're welcome to continue these discussions privately: PowerExchangeEditor@yahoo.com

My general concern about your idea centers upon one's ability to control the amount of flame you're describing.  I can lay down a "swipe" of 70% alcohol (remember, this is being written for public consumption) and quickly wipe it off with my free hand.  Not a problem.  But I've absolutely seen an idiot novice fire player manage to ignite his bottom's full back and ass by swiping and lighting, swiping and lighting, swiping and lighting and suddenly the girl's whole back went up at one time.  Hardly a surprise.  I'd been in the process of alerting the DM as it happened.  Fortunately the guy had a wet blanket that he threw over her.  But: he couldn't possibly put it out without the blanket.  

So...  if I try to think this through one step at a time, I can imagine one of you on a massage table lying on a fire blanket.  Two people swab the body and then -- before ignition -- put swabs down and pick up blankets -- ignite and put out with blanket.  Practice with 50% alcohol.  Possible.  But not what you're seeking, I realize.

Theatrical alternative: cover your bodies in fire retardant gel (we're back to you needing someone who knows about stunt work to do this) and figure out a way of playing live flame over you.  Again -- in a limited way, one does this with a fine-mist atomizer and 90% alcohol.  No clue how to increase the "throw" of the "flame thrower" and no clue how to produce such a fine mist under a continuing pressure.  Probably not hard to do, I've just never given it any thought.

Training: thanks for the kind words.  You've seen my video?  That's sort-of it.  Meet in person: We're probably too close to the wire to pull this off, but Jen and I arrive in Las Vegas tomorrow evening for the weekend for Sin in the City.  We're presenting, but not on fire.  We would have time Sunday afternoon, I believe.  However, if you can't get enough from the video or local fire players, we can keep discussing it.

By the way, I believe that I can find you some "theatrical" kinky fire play experts in LA.  For starters, Orpheus lives there and he's outstanding.

I'm at work right now and need to refocus.  Saw your email and was intrigued.  

We can keep talking, but keep in mind that your request is outside my experience range.  You don't control fire, you only control your back-up plans.

Bob  

BDSM

Robert Rubel (Dr. Bob)