BDSM/I REALLY want to do this. What are some things I should know?

Question
Ok, I REALLY want to try BDSM as a submissive, but I'm hesitating. I want to learn about b4 I jump in w/ both feet. What will be expected of me? What rights will I have? Is it okay to just get up and leave? Plz Answer,
Clara

Answer
clara:

Start exploring the scene near you, join fet munches, or S&M serious demonstrations.  This will expose you to the variety of the lifestyle in your area.  If you have built a rapport do so with your "partner" if not use it as an opportunity to find people of the same ilk and interest as you to commune with. This will demystify much of the crap that your read or hear about.  Many times the real life is different than the fantasy, sometimes more intense; sometimes less but remember there is a big difference between living the lifestyle and just dabbling (or playing) at it.

What you have, or rights are something that changes depending on whom you are interacting with and the agreement you set up to start.  Beginning there always things which you need to grow into and things you will be terrified of and want to avoid.  Establish a rapport with some one whom is dominant, and begin with simple communications.  Don't rush into scenes or activities but explore each other's interests, curiosity and desires.  This is very much the same as vanilla relationships in that you get to know your partner but more importantly and different than the vanilla world you learn about yourself.

Understand your needs, and the aspects you are interested in, then find in your explorations those people with similar interest. This will give you a basis to explore.  Personally, I think you should find some one much more experienced than yourself so you can be guided to growing and exploring areas beyond your immediate needs.  This always you grow within your kink and keep the "fire" stoked.

In most cases when you start a relationship do so as a trial.  Set the conditions (and safe words) you need to be comfortable in your explorations.  As a submissive it is always permissive to call a halt to it, just get up and walk away as you said. Realize though if this becomes a habit it is equally permissible for your "DOMINANT" to say enough is enough and don't come back. Also in Europe, North America and much of the former British Commonwealth the concept of "real slavery" is an unacceptable condition; so if you ever like you can simply walk away even when a "devotee".  However, the emotional, mental and spiritual commitment some make make the law rather irrelevant.  

Over time you will have more questions, interest and things you need help putting into perspective.  A good DOminant can help you, a sister slave can help but barring that the people here are always willing to answer questions and help.  I hope this helped and as I suggested if you have more questions just ask.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck